Not really , basis Marc's photo. Unless he'd pointed it out I wouldn't have
been able to tell it was you basis body position. You 2 are riding much
nicer bikes IMO. But, admittedly, most modern road bikes by major
manufacturers don't do a lot for me. But that's me and YMMV.  Not dissing
anyone who rides them. On the rare occasions that I ride my old Riv road
which does have drop bars, I am on the hoods or just behind; sometimes on
the top , and very rarely in the drops. Bars are more or less level with
the saddle. And admittedly, the ergonomics are much better after replacing
older Campy Super Record brakes and levers with Grand Cru brakes and those
funky TRP road levers.

But  since 1993 my bar of choice is the elegant but certainly polarizing
moustache bar. Which almost certainly would have replaced the drops on my
road bike had I not stumbled on TRP and Velo-Orange Grand Cru.