Jeff,

Maybe I don’t “get rowdy” but sweep for me is a matter of wrist comfort not the
ability to ride aggressively. Width does come into play for control which
begins to matter more when riding aggressively.

I have Tosco bars (with B17 and ergonomic) on my plus bike and I can “send it”
just as aggressively as I could with bars designed with less sweep. The
difference with straighter bars being I spend more of the ride thinking about
how my wrists aren’t comfortable. For off road touring, I’d try a wider bar
with a similar sweep to the albatross.

Best,

Aaron in El Paso

On Aug 14, 2022, at 08:43, jeffbog...@hotmail.com <jeffbogdanov...@hotmail.com>