As many / most of you know, carbon fiber composites have been in structural
applications in aerospace and other fields for decades. That said, the
frequency and thoroughness of regular inspections (and replacement) carried
out in those applications is perhaps beyond what a typical cyclist is
willing to do. But here's a couple of nice videos that demonstrate the
durability of CF bike parts:

Danny MacAskill Tests Santa Cruz Reserve Carbon Wheels:
https://youtu.be/VfjjiHGuHoc

Carbon vs Aluminum Frames - Which is Stronger? (you can skip to 1:40 mark
for start of tests)
https://youtu.be/w5eMMf11uhM

But there are also examples of frames and wheels failing... like this one:
https://youtu.be/NVkWlsbnUZ8

Aluminum fails too, but for different reasons:
https://youtu.be/qKeeHDuoFq8

- Max "horses for courses & ride what you brung" in A2