About the squeaks in a B67: I came to accept the squeaks in my first B67,
but it was more of necessity and resignation than of true appreciation. A
few months ago I had to get a new B67 because the tension bolt snapped on
the old one as I tried to tighten it (~10 years old) and I did not have
time or inclination to find a new bolt and deal with repairing it. I needed
to get back on the bike asap.

Sure enough, the new one squeaked in the same way. I decided to spray some
lithium-based lubricant (it was what I had handy) on all the metal parts
around the tension bolt and the springs, anywhere there could be movement.
The squeaking disappeared. It feels pleasantly weird to pedal along in
almost complete silence — little noise emanates from the bike itself other
than the sound of tires on pavement, gravel, or dirt.

As an aside, the new B67 felt exactly like the old one to my sit parts. In
other words, I realized that the notion of breaking in a Brooks leather
saddle is meaningless for me. There was no appreciable difference in feel
between a brand new one and the one I had ridden over thousands of miles
for a decade.