While I love the idea of changing a black anodized part into a silver one,
I've never done it because of those particular kind of chemicals are like
insta-nausea to me.  I'd be more apt to sand and paint a part myself. I
painted some lugs of my '83 Stumpy with just Testors and a brush and it
remarkably remained in tact when I sold it some 10+ years ago.

Do either of you leave the finish raw or do I apply some sort of gloss
clear coat ? My experience with raw aluminum hubs is they're great after
polishing but it doesn't last long so it's rather a never ending thing if
you want it consistently shiny. I ended up just leaving them turning that
dull grey.