Hi Michael,

I can address the part of your query

--I was wondering if anyone has a SRAM DUB crankset or any other
direct-mount crankset on their Rivendell. I've been reading about the DUB
cranks and they seem actually simpler with fewer parts than a traditional 5
bolt crankset--

 Based on my experience with the SRAM NX Eagle 1 x 12.  During the pandemic
I was doing a build up and found myself short on matching drivetrain parts,
unable to acquire what I needed, and tired of matching/mismatching bits &
parts for 2 or 3 x 8, 9, 10 cassettes and so broke with tradition and
installed a NX drivetrain on a Gus.  It required a DUB BB tool, an
additional 12 or 13 links to accommodate the loooong chain stays and a
couple of 2.5 mm shims to accommodate the BB. The operation was smooth and
flawless and I was impressed by the ease and simplicity of installing the
entire unit.

I realize your question is directed towards the SX, but my experience with
the NX has been quite unexpectedly  positive.

Hope this adds to the conversation,

Al