On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 8:15 AM Joe Bernard <joerem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To be clear cuz I'm the OP and this is going to reflect on me, I'm not sad
> about anything. My concern is we're going to end up with unprepped frames
> on the used market that unsuspecting buyers won't know need to be prepped.
> It wasn't the main point of my post, which is that there's a new Roadini
> frame out there people can buy.
>
> I'm surprised at the number of people here who can't trust their LBS to
prep a frame. Is it because the modern CF/AL frames don't need prepping? I
certainly don't have a frame alignment table or a derailleur hanger
straightener, much less the tool required to prep a headtube prior to
installing headset and fork. It's been years since I carried a headset
wrench while touring as well. But I recently had trouble with one of my
kids' bikes not indexing correctly no matter what I did. Took it to the LBS
and they diagnosed it as a bent hanger. They fixed it and then decided not
to charge me since their credit card machine was broken.