My Custom or Road Standard (not sure which) rides a lot lower than my Clem
Smith, because, well, it is.  It's a bike that came standard with narrowish
tires by todays Riv standards and has 80mm BB drop.  Then I went and
converted it to 650B x38.  It's really low.  Like never pedal through a
corner low.  If I look down, the pedal seems alarmingly close to the
ground.  But I love the way the bike handles this way, it feels so planted,
but yet you can easily redirect it in a fast corner.  So I just don't look
down at my pedal relative to the tarmac, and all is well.

The Clem on the other hand has not only less BB drop to begin with, but
also 29x2.1 tires on it.  Plus the riding position is extremely upright.
Pretty much night and day between the two.  I have to duck quite a bit for
the trees on the sidewalk between the two halves of my neighborhood (which
don't connect by road, so nice).

My Redwood, which is shod with 700Cx38 tires and more or less in a
stock configuration, falls somewhere in the middle.

Random musings brought to you by,
Jim
Austin suburbs, TX