I had the same thing happen to that exact model after a couple of years of
use - mind you I rode nearly 10 hours straight in the rain the day before I
noticed it (5 Borough bike tour May 2019). My solution in the end was the
trash bin, sorry to say. I've been running an Edelux ll ever since with no
issues. The bonus is a better spread of light though, so there's that.