HI Rivsters.

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully shifted a 12-36 shimano 9-speed
cassette with an Altus RD?

I currently have an altus, and like it well enough, but am using a 44x30,
11-32 8 speed.

The new setup would be a triple up front (48-34-24), and a 12-36.

According to Shimano, the Altus only shifts up to a 34 cog.

Just wondering if any of you Rivsters have been able to shift lower than
that?

I can hunt for another derailer if need be, but would much rather not. I
don't like the looks of the one Riv sells (Shimano Deore 592) because it
doesn't have the barrel adjuster. I guess  could potentially go to the
Alvio, or the used market. I actually have a Deore something or other which
does shift to 36, but it's R Rise, and I have never gotten used to the
reverse movement. Drives me mad!

Thanks,

John
Portland OR