I’m looking for a recommendation for a clamp on 9-speed triple front
derailleur for a Toyo built Atlantis. I’m currently running an old 9-speed
LX front derailleur that shifts beautifully. I recently purchased some VO
fenders and got them installed pretty easily. The only issue that I’m
having is that while shifting, the long/tall arm of the front derailleur
wants to move into the front fender as I shift into the small ring.

To help remedy the situation, I swapped out the stock derailleur cable
clamp bolt and washer for low profile Panhead screw, which got me a little
real estate (image #1). In conjunction with the clamp bolt, I shimmed out
the bottom of the fender at the chain stay bridge with an 11mm alloy spacer
and a leather washer on either side to help push it away from the
derailleur arm (image #3). This set up works in the stand, and the fender
line is pretty good. With that said, my main concern at this point is that
I’ve now pushed the bottom of the fender closer to the rear wheel. At the
chain stay bridge, I used a stainless M5 bolt, but want to replace this
with a low profile Panhead bolt as well, as there isn’t much space between
the bolt head and the tire. “Not much space” translates to about 3-4mm or
so, which it too close for my taste. So, if I were to install a Panhead
bolt at the chain stay bridge I could probably call it good. So yeah, this
setup will work as is, but I feel like I can get the rear set up pretty
close to perfect if I were to just swap out the derailleur.