If you like the reach with 9cm stem, I would just swap out the 48's for the
54's.. not a huge difference in width (1 inch per side?).   In fact, I just
made this exact switch about a month ago on my 65cm Homer and kept the same
stem with no ill effects.  I think this 54 noodle bar strikes a real sweet
spot for taller riders like myself who don't necessarily need the full-on
wide wide options that have become so popular.