When a Mason-Dixon line needs to be established in CA, it'll be called the
Safeway-Vons line.

Quiz: for any major north-south freeway or highway, what are the two cities
that straddle the Safeway-Vons line?

Related question: King City: which store do they have?

Related Cliff Claven Trivia: when I was a kid growing up in Los Angeles and
San Diego suburbs, Vons and Safeway were two different stores. In 1989 they
merged, and all of our Southern California Safeways got renamed Vons. So
many of our suburban shopping centers ended up with two Vons's as anchors
on either end when it used to be Safeway at one end and Vons at the other.