I agree with Hoch- the Ritchey Commando is Riv-esque and rides very well. I
have had several fat tire bikes from low end to high end and it just has
the ride. Good tires help any fat bike in particular. Schwalbe Jumbo Jims
in particular work for me.
In keeping with the spirit of Joes' ask- a dual suspension mountain bike is
smoother than a fat tire bike even with good tires and dialed pressure.
I have some inflammation issues and the dually has allowed me to ride rough
trails in comfort during the ride and feel good the next day also.

Tom Palmer
Twin Lake, MI