Don't give up.  I've had this same question.  I put the 2.1 GKs on my
Allrounder last summer.  They fit the frame ok, but are too tight with
fenders.  For what it's worth, the 2.1 GKs are bigger than the 2.1 Rat Trap
Pass tires that were on there previously, which kind of bummed me out.  I
thought 2.1 would be the magic size.  So I'm (purely) guessing the BBs will
be smaller - even if that just means true to size.  If not  maybe RTPs will
work instead of the NPs?  If not, we're all just waiting for 26x1.95 which,
at one point, was the dominant size produced.