No pics because it was dark and pouring. I rode up the American River
parkway to see the conditions on the river and at the Nimbus dam on January
2. It was a lot of water! I've lived in Sacramento for there years but it's
been a drought that whole time so I am seeing the flood control
infrastructure in operation for the first time. Very cool and a little
worrisome, given the amount of rain that's coming in the next few weeks. I
believe the Fremont Weir will begin overtopping with flow into the Yolo
bypass this weekend - that'll be a sight!
-Wes