Wow - I guess I am the only person who had these brakes and didn't
care for them.  I ordered my AHH built with the polished center mount
version of the Racer and found them to be rather problematic.  Neither
the folks at Rivendell nor my LBS were able to help with the problems
I was having:

Problem number one: to remove the wheel, I had to really fight to get
the straddle wire free.  When the brakes were adjusted with the pads
running close to the rim, I couldn't close them enough to get the
straddle wire out easily - even after hitting the QR button on the
brake levers.

Problem number two: the brakes wouldn't center up consistently after
braking.  They would be fine 75% of the time, but every now and then
(and at least once a ride) the front or rear would spring back
unevenly, leaving one pad rubbing the rim.  The folks at Rivendell
weren't able to make this happen with a pair in their shop no matter
how much they tried.  I tried adjusting the spring tensions, and
finally took it in to my LBS who adjusted the brakes, but I kept
having the same problem.

I am a pretty good mechanic and routinely build up and break down my
own bikes - there aren't a lot of complicated things to adjust on a
brake so this problem was really frustrating.  It went on for months
before I finally swapped them out for a pair of Silvers and sold them
at a hefty loss.

I want to close saying that I continue to be a fan of Paul Components,
I am having a touring bike built and will use their cantis on that
bike, I use their e-lever on two of my fixed gear bikes, and would
love to own one of their road cranks some day.

Roberto