my guess is in lieu of a having that extra (expensive) daruma, you could
have not taken off that extra tab, opened up its hole with a drill, and
used the daruma thats already at that fastening point. in my experience
there's enough bolt for a little more to be sandwiched in there. the angle
looks like it would have been close to if not exactly the same as where you
currently have it.

either way thats a nice bit of hardware as the nitto mount is quite
expensive.