Just beautiful.  Well done!

So is this a new old stock saluki that you got to paint and decal the way
you wanted?  I really like the color.

Regarding the cantis,  i'm starting to think there's as much witcthcraft as
science to getting them right.  Every once in a while I'll set some up, and
they won't work well, and I'll realize that I've just been lucky the other
times.  I have those same brakes on a bike and find them to be fantastic,
so don't give up on them.  Small adjustments in straddle wire length make a
big difference, as does the length from the shoe to the part of the brake
that it bolts to.  (You can change the later to be either 3mm, 4mm, 5mm or
6mm by rearranging the spherical washers on the stud.  Usually, less is
better (Less flex / bigger leverage ratio/start the pull with arms higher),
but skinnier rims or wider post spacing sometimes mandate more spacers.  It
looks like you can bolt the pads lower in the vertical adjustment slot, and
a little lower on the rim, too - which should help.  Again, lower is
better. (Think of the leverage ratio to the arm length on other side of the
pivot, to where the cable attaches.)  After your cable stretches and shoes
bed in, it'll get better.)  Salmon shoes are great but, if you'll only ride
in dry weather, you might like normal black ones too.

Shelon Brown and Black Mountain Cycles have articles on canti setup that
are worth re-reading every once in a while.