Luke, totally with you on a cushy rando rig with 42s and want to build one
myself. I've enjoyed the Extralights on my Hillborne and MB-2, getting them
at cost would be nice! My first set was old, worn in and I got em for free
from a friend so much like drugs, they were free at first and now I'm
addicted.

How are you going to work around the dropout issue? I thought those were
threaded either for Huret or Campagnolo dropouts?