I am following this thread with interest. I have the Saris Freedom 4 bike
rack, but that company seems to be lessening their quality and maybe even
phasing out this rack. They have a new modular system they seem to want you
to buy, and it isn’t going to play nice with mixtes with fenders.

Now, I have heard so much good about the 1Up rack, but honestly HOW is that
fender cushion gonna work? Won’t it just mash my metal fenders? Push them
out of shape? Mess up the alignment? Maybe someone with a fendered mixte
wouldn’t mind posting it on their 1Up rack?
Leah