Regarding ease of install on the 1up:

It uses a wedge system so the 'bolt on' and off is extremely easy and
quick, especially if you don't care to use the lock. But the lock is just a
through-pin with a cap so that is also very quick and easy.

As far as handling it goes, I believe it is pretty light weight for what it
is (i have not compared it to other racks), but big/heavy/bulky is kind of
the nature of the beast with a platform rack. The two bike isn't too bad
but certainly if you'll be using it as a 3 or 4 it is cumbersome to move.
If using the original version (not the equip-d) and plan to use it in 3/4
bike mode often, the extended lever deal to use the tilt function is
probably worth the money. I don't find it difficult to reach underneath in
2-bike mode.

Brian