Waaaay back in the 80's I'd take to painting bike parts and the lugs of my
Stumpjumper with Testors Model paint. It was fun ! I often polished my
Campy seatposts as sweat would do a number on them, but doing it by hand
was an endless task. You know.... you start out thinking this will just
take a few minutes.... hah hah .... an hour later you wonder where and when
to stop !  .... The painting was more fun colorful anyways. It's not done
for anyone but yourself, for the joy of the joy of it !