On-topic content: Bike in question is the 1999 Joe Starck fixed gear road
custom.

Well, a year after I received the 2-speed fixed TF and TC-hub wheels, I
finally got the shifter sorted, or so I thought, and I've ridden both hubs
briefly and they're pretty nice! TF gives direct and 75% (52/17 X 24.8"
wheel = 76" and 57"), TC gives direct 76" and 86.5% or 66". The TF drop is
like shifting from a 52 t ring to a 39 t ring while using the 17 t cog.

The TF has hardly any lash; it feels like a fixed cog and a well-adjusted
chain. The TC has much more slop, but less than the annoying S3X, and the
direct-to-2nd gap is far, far more useful.

The NOS TF top-tube-mount quadrant shifter pulls a shortish amount of chain
and, of course, shifts the TF perfectly. I had hoped it would work as well
with the TC, but that hub was modified by having a modern AW 3-spline
driver replace the original 12-spline driver for which cogs are very hard
to find, all of them 1/8". (I've filed modern 3-spline SA 3/32" cogs to fit
the 12-spline TF driver, and I suppose I could re-swap the TC driver, but
it's easier to get a new shifter, and I found a NOS SA 3 speed quadrant
shifter on British eBay which I hope will arrive this month. The longer
pull of the 3 speed shifter ought to allow installation and adjustment to
shift the 2-speed TC and perhaps even the TF, since the cable pull from 2nd
to 1st is considerably more than that from 3rd to 2nd.

Pictures soon, and more ride reports after I ride them more. But what's to
report about 2 speeds???

The TC hub was rechromed nicely by a Seattle shop; the TF is 85-year-old
NOS (both hubs are dated 1937), and Aaron at Rat City Bikes did the
overhauls.