Yep, been there too.  Usually an easy-out works if done carefully as
mentioned in the other posts. You have to get that hole centered and
deeper.  Usually works.  One more idea; drill the whole thing out bigger
and put in a helicoil to replace the threads.  One more idea; take off the
boss completely and there are strap-on bosses made for bikes that don't
have any type of stops--a yucky fix though.  Riv used to sell them, you
could give them a call.