Hi Scott — I haven't run this combo but I think it will work. The seat
tubes on your Sam should be 28.6.

Older, svelte road front derailers without ramps typically work well with
wide range doubles.

Jan, for a time at least, ran a Sachs-Huret front derailer on his mule with
a 44/28. The design is very similar to the Jubilee.

What are you running for a derailer out back to match the refined beauty of
the Jubilee?