Hey everyone,

Please forgive a bit of a strange WTB post.

My friends and our bikes and I were rear-ended by a pile of idiots on our
way home from a recent trip to Utah, and while all the humans are okay (at
least physically), my recently-new-to-me Gus Boots Willsen has a huge dent
and sharp creases in the downtube where it was smashed into the square tube
of the hitch-mounted rack. I would try to fix the damage, except it lines
up with a bottle boss so a tubing block won't work, and it's so sharply
creased that it'd very likely just crack anyway. I'm not going to post
pictures right now because I'm still waiting for insurance and don't want
to muck up that process, but it's some pretty gnarly damage.

My purpose in posting this is to find out if anyone has a Gus that they
would like to sell me when I finally manage to get money from insurance.
That way I'd already have one lined up and ready to buy ASAP and would have
it for as much of the riding season as possible (until then I'll be doing
all my trail riding on my Crust Lightning Bolt, which will still be fun but
in a very different way). It'll probably be a few weeks before I can get
the money, and while I am quite committed to fighting it out with insurance
and being able to afford to still be a Riv rider, I can't make any absolute
promises that the money will turn up.

That all being said, anyone got an XL Gus to sell? I'd be open to any color
from any run. Preferably frame/fork only. I also would consider a Susie,
but I ride chunky stuff with sometimes sizable loads and am not a
particularly small person, so the Gus is probably better for me.

Please message me off-list, whether it's about selling a Gus or about the
damage and insurance hassles (again, being paranoid about insurance stuff).
And I also totally get it if you'd rather wait for an immediate sale when I
actually have obtained the money.

Thank you in advance!

Josiah Anderson
Missoula, MT