I'll add another vote to the "Like 'em" column. I have them on my Ram with
a 650b conversion, so they are fully extended.  As others have said, they
cannot compete with disks, but I have never found them lacking.
I wasn't always as positive about them but then someone on another thread
mentioned about being sure to match the right levers with the right brakes,
and sure enough, I was using long-pull brake levers which provide less
mechanical advantage at the lever, so  swapped them out for short/standard
pull and it made all the difference, I greatly enjoy them now.
 For reference, I run about 230 lbs, and ride in the very steep Appalachian
mountains of Virginia, and never-ever-ever ride in the (bad for you) drops .

Al in VA