Nice X0-1; it's  in lovely shape.

To the OP: As I've advocated often, Albastache or Moustache bars might work
and you can keep your road levers. You could flip them so they're higher if
the usual configuration doesn't work. But there is certainly a dizzying
array of alternatives  for drop bars out there today for us aging baby
boomers. Good luck in your search!