I was in a similar situation: I had a comparably spec'd Giant with bars
that were way too low for me to ride comfortably. I somewhat solved it by
adding a long/tall stem and Bosco bars, but soon after built up my own Clem
L. In short, the only thing MB-1 era bikes do better than a Clem is take up
less space (easier to fit in a car/garage/apartment/bike rack); even if you
manage to get the MB-1 to fit you *better*, it will still be no match for
the awesomeness of the Clem's long geometry & tire clearance. Bstones have
a huge following (with correspondingly silly market pricing), but I can't
imagine having any real use for one (beyond novelty) if you already have a
Clem you're happy with. Again, this is somewhat at odds with the Radavist-y
culture of objectifying old bikes for the sake of.....something(?) Ride the
wheels off your Clem and want for nothing!