I actually noticed this in Winnipeg where I live. I rode my bike to a bank
in a fairly upscale mall and noticed that one of the lockup rings was loose
where it's bolted into the concrete. Other tricks; sawing through the metal
tubing of the structure itself and using tape of some sort to hide it, etc.

Don't be in such a hurry that you don't check whatever you're locking your
bike to.I know it's obvious but I just thought I'd pass this on

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bike-theft-racks-pre-cut-winnipeg-1.6924819