Hi campers!
This is a reminder that Sunday, June 6, there will be an informal Riv lovers'
Ride in Portland (OR).We will use a route similar to the old Slug Velo Rose
Ride route (because it's Rose Festival time and the roses are in bloom all over
the city!).
We'll meet at noon at Peninsula Park Rose Gardens, corner of N Albina and
Ainsworth (we'll meet at the top of the stairs on Ainsworth between Albina and
Commercial sts, south end of the rose garden).
Please come gawk, admire, take photos of and RIDE your Riv'd out bikes
(Rivendell, B'Stone, and other classic steel bikes in a similar vein, shellac
optional). I had considered asking folks to bring a sack lunch but it's not
clear where'd we'd picnic. This is a ONE-WAY route ending at the Lucky Lab
Brewpub (SE 9th and Hawthorne).Please bring money for a bite to eat at the end
of the ride. Please also wear clothes, as this is in no affiliated with the
folks who bring you the World Naked Ride. Ride will take place rain or shine
(it's Portland), so make like the Girl and Boy Scouts and Be Prepared.
I am writing this the day before I perform at Folklife Festival, so if I
changed some details from the last time I mentioned this ride, I apologize. I'm
posting this from memory.
Beth

http://bikelovejones1.blogspot.com/