What Mathias says is right about older Cannondales with cro-mo forks. I
also had a T600 Cannondale that I bought in 1988 for about $650-700 - red
18-speed with half-step gearing with a Biopace(remember those?) Deore
crank...bike was a mix of 600 and Deore. It was a fine touring bike that
also rode well unloaded; quick enough and actually a lot more fun and chill
than the Rossin with Campy SR that was my go-fast...which I hardly rode
after I got that Cannondale. The Rossin I sold on without a tinge of
regret. Loaded touring, centuries , fast club rides...it was a great
bike...until I fell in love with a 93 X0-1...which over 50 miles in my
fitter youth, I didn't like as much as the Cannondale, if I'm honest.