Were it me, I'd be inclined to build an IGH rear wheel for it.  I have a
Sturmey Archer 3sp path racer that is one of my favorite bikes right now,
and I commute on an 8sp Nexus IGH that is not light, but works well.  You
could have an attractive frame that is also a practical family rider that
way.

Will, fan of the IGH