If it is shifting fine, it's not in the adjustment.

You can try lubing anywhere the derailer pivots. These spots are easy
to identify. Put the bike in a stand, hang it level from the rafters
or even flip it upside down and remove the wheel. You'll be able to
work the derailer back and forth to find the pivot points. Also, check
to see if the derailer mounting bolt is tight. You might also have a
loose lock ring on the cassette. Check that while the wheel's off.

My vote is for something rubbing somewhere when the derailer is at
maximum travel. Replace the wheel. Set up the bike so you can shift
gears and turn the pedals. Shift back and forth into the small cog.
See if you can recreate the noise while you watch where it is coming
from. Look for places the cable might be rubbing or the derailer
hitting something..Since you mention that your pushing the lever to
get to a higher gear, your derailer is under a bunch of cable tension
in the highest gear. That will move a loose mount, realigning the RD.

Dave