I call it the wheelbarrow effect myself, as that most aptly describes the
sensation in a relatable way. Try pushing a wheelbarrow up a steep
hill..... hilarity ensues. Once you get knocked off your intended line,
it's very difficult to move it back on track as the wheelbarrow just wants
to go in the direction it was moved to go. Steering just makes it worse. My
experience with the Bombadil is just like that, although I'm sure it's not
nearly as bad as the hilly bikes or Clem. On my franklin road bike with
much less trail it just breezes up the same road and is easily corrected
getting knocked about by rocks, even with an Albatross bar.

Dave Moulton also writes about it, among all sorts of other things in the
design of bicycles.

http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com/blog/2009/10/5/the-evolution-of-frame-design-part-i-the-wheelbarrow-effect.html

An easy way to feel it is this from the article :

*To demonstrate this effect to yourself; hold a pen or ruler on a table top
at 90 degrees to the surface, and move from side to side keeping the point
of the pen in one spot; you are moving in one plane. Now hold the pen at an
angle of 45 degrees and move from side to side and you will see that you
swing in an arc.*

*This was something I later called the “Wheelbarrow Effect.” In Part II
<http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com/blog/2009/10/8/the-evolution-of-frame-design-part-ii-how-economics-changed.html>
will talk about how frame design evolved through the 1960s and 1970s
to arrive closer to what we see today.*