Glad you were able to finally pinpoint and resolve it!  Been there a few
times in recent years among various builds.  One was a known creaky sprung
saddle (Conquest) that, similar to your approach, was eliminated with some
extra Proofide worked around the metal frame.  That particular saddle just
wasn't a good fit for me and has since been opportunistically sold or
traded.  Other mystery creaks ended up being cracked alloy chainring bolts,
loose BB cups, pedals, chains just needing to be cleaned/lubricated and
de-tensioned (tight spot on single speed drivetrain.)  One in particular
was driving me nuts after ruling out part after part on an old project
frame.  There was a point where there were a few known creaks (same
Conquest saddle, drivetrain noise, etc.) during some build concept trial
and error but once I eliminated the known creaks I ended up with a new
one.  Similar to you I eventually pinpointed it to saddle/seatpost with
standing and pedaling eliminating it.... did another saddle swap and it was
still there... then it showed up while standing and pedaling on occasion
too.  I was already planning a larger scale overhaul of this particular
frame, including a fork swap with a small cache of parts ready to go for my
final rebuild when low and behold, while preparing to give my new seatpost
a try I just happened be bent and looking at the right angle while
tightening or loosening or just cleaning around the seat binder and top
tube junction to find a crack along the inside of the side-tacked
seatstay.  A little thumb pressure revealed the entire joint had already
given way with a loose seatstay causing all the creaking.  I ultimately
resolved it by abandoning the build since the frame was low end and not
worth investing in repairs.

Now I have a recurring creak on my Clem that I believe is coming from one
of the pedals, but time will tell!

Brian