I use C Quartz, a product intended for cars (there are quite a few quartz
coating products on the market). It won’t protect the bike’s paint from
contact chipping (only paint protection film, like XPel, will do that), but
it’s far longer-lasting and UV protective than waxes. I’ve used it on my
car and the wheels for years, and it sheds water and dirt, and shines far
longer than any wax or older polymer products like Glass-coat. I’m on year
five since I coated my car, and it still shines like a mirror when it’s
clean. My bikes spend their down time indoors, so I’d expect their paint to
look good for at least that long before needing re-treating, by which time
some new product will probably hit the market.