Dynamite measurement.  Leah, that empirical data suggests that a short
wheelbase Riv step through would be roughly 4 inches shorter than a Mrs.
Bubba's 50cm Platypus, end to end.  What is the total end to end length of
your 55cm Platy?  To first order, I would expect the 52cm Betty to have the
same length, and is a very promising option for your "train bike" build
concept.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA