Kiley, I think the best answer for those who have long wheelbase issues, is
to get a rear rack with the dual rack arms that adjust to secure both
wheels of the bike (like the design of 1Up racks, or the Kuat Piston
series). The wheelbase limitations of the Kuat Piston series is 53 inches,
and I think most 1Up racks will handle a max. of 54 inches. Personally, I
have a Kuat NV2, but it only has an adjustable rack arm for the front
wheel, and a strap for the rear wheel. The max wheelbase on that style of
rack is 50 inches. My 54 (Medium) Gus has an exactly 50" wheelbase, so it
JUST fits. Anything longer would not.

I guess ease of personal transport and urban multi-modal transportation was
not a factor in the evolution of these bikes. They ride great, but it's a
very real and often frustrating issue that us owners have to work through.

Brian
Lex KY