I've been using the old Silca brass chucks for years and they work fine --
simple, air-tight, secure -- on Presta valves if the gasket is in good
condition and you know how to us it -- chuck cap sufficiently tight but not
too tight, chuck pressed on firmly but not obsessively (in which case it's
a pain to remove) -- but I recently bought a Tanaka chuck because it was on
sale by Soma. Who has experience with the Tanaka and can say how well it
works?

That said, a "80 out of 100" recommendation for the old Silca chuck if you
use Presta valves.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 9:21 AM Nick Shoemaker <fiddleha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've had a Lezyne High Volume floor pump for about 10 years, and I'm kinda
> tired of screwing/unscrewing the head every time I inflate a tire (not to
> mention the times when the valve core comes out, too...) Does anyone have a
> reco for an inexpensive easy to use replacement head that I could install
> on my existing pump? Seems like the Riv pumps use a Topeak head, and I know
> Lezyne makes several different options, but I'm curious to hear the group's
> preferences & experiences.
>
> (I know I could also just buy the Plumpatire, but there's nothing wrong
> with my current also-wood-handled pump, so that feels a bit wasteful)
>
> Thanks!
> Nick

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/720b0909-544e-480f-820f-66f205b4bbb8n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/720b0909-544e-480f-820f-66f205b4bbb8n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing
services.

*When thou didst not, savage,*

*Know thine own meaning, but wouldst gabble like*

*A thing most brutish, I endowed thy purposes*

*With words that made them known.*