So one thing I’ve noticed - I mean REALLY noticed - about our Rivendell
bikes is that they get compliments.

I ride the Silver Comet near Atlanta.
 https://groups.google.com/g/bicycletouring/c/cFpcvUWqzkA
For 15 years I rode a Diamondback Approach, a decent hybrid bike (as they
called those back in the ’90s).  I never heard a word from fellow riders.
Then in 2015 I got a Sam Hillborne.  Bog standard, as the Brits say - Sage
Blue, cork grips.  I added some fenders and started seriously hitting the
trail for exercise.

Suddenly folks are pulling up next to me (or going past), and saying “Nice
bike!”  Now I’m 74 and banging along at about 11 mph, so it’s not tough to
pull up next to me.  But this happens 2 - 3 times a year.  It surprises me.

A couple of nice ladies went on about the friction shifters and “a hard
leather seat.  He’s hard core!”, before riding off on their carbon
Cannondales.  A nice gentleman commented at length on the cork grips.
 Maybe he was a fly fisherman?

It happened again yesterday when I stopped for water.  Two guys also
stopped and were very complimentary about the Sam.  One asked to ride it
(sure!) and came back grinning (“If I didn’t already have too many bikes…”)
It surprised my wife, too.  I built her up a Platypus last winter, and on
her second ride she got a “Nice bike!” from someone.  She came home with
smiles.

Does this happen to you when you ride your Rivendell?  Tell us about the
compliments you get.