Christian,

Did you damage a rim or are you switching to a dyno hub?

To me there seems to be not much difference between Atlas and Cliffhangers.
Both are fairly hefty with the Cliffhangers being wider (25mm vs 20mm
internal). For a Platy, the difference in rim width isn't going to make a
big impact as all tires that will fit on a Platy will be fine on an Atlas.

My Platy has Cliffhangers and I sometimes think they are a bit overkill for
the 50mm tires I am using but the ~55g weight difference of the Atlas rims
isn't worth the switch. If I was using 42mm or smaller tires I'd definitely
want a narrower rim (Atlas, Quill, Dyad, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing your made over Platypus.

-Dave