I mounted this veteran saddle new on my (then new) 1989 custom Bontrager
CX. While I never raced CX, this thing went off and on road for 30 years
before I retired it. It's built like a tank, and despite the "Pre-Softened"
designation on the top, I barely managed to imprint my sit bones into it.
The leather is thick with very little give! However, it can be surprisingly
comfy for short (under 50 miles) rides. Maybe that is why Jan Heine chose
it as his go-to saddle for years and would always mount it on his test
bikes. (Until he began selling another brand.)
It is in good shape, with minimal wear, no tears or major scrapes, etc. The
copper rivets are exceptionally handsome compared to current, IMHO. It
might make a perfect addition to a restoration. You could tour with it and
not worry about rain! I can't see my using it as wall art if someone can
make use of it.
Chrome rails, which originally were anodized copper. When Brooks began
using titanium rails, I switched my five Brooks to that. (It seems they
have moved away from titanium because of a price hike.)
My measurements vary a little from what Brooks has listed on their web
site, so I will put their dimensions and weight in parenthesis:
W: 150mm (160mm) x L: 285mm (275mm)
Weight: 454g (540g)
Though eBay prices for these (used) are all over the place ($50 to $245 and
up before shipping,) I saw very few which looked as good was this one.
I will ship at my expense USPS Medium Flat Rate box (CONUS) for $60.
My Flickr images, some normal light (leather appears dark) and some bright
light:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bikecrazy-paul/albums/72177720314045543