Who knows about Bike Film Festival?

I paid for the pass to watch this year’s videos and it was money
well-spent. I got to the RAGBRAI documentary last night. Wow. I had heard
of it but really knew nothing about it and now I would just love to figure
out how to ride it this year. It just looks like such an experience. And
I’ve had very few experiences, because I’m late to the bike adventure scene
AND I’ve been raising kids! But now they are teenagers and might not even
know that I’m gone so maybe I should ride this epic ride!

There are a ton of logistics I don’t understand. I think you need a
“charter” to haul your stuff, yes? And to bring you back across the state
after you finish? And if you use these “charters” do they trash your bike
in their racks or will they have something that can handle a a mixte with
fenders? Is there are charter that is more friendly to Riv bikes than the
others?

Also, no camping. I’m really hoping to end up in a hotel or some sort of
dwelling. I don’t have any tents, don’t know how to pitch tents and so on.
This may be the thing I can’t plan my way out of, because there are so many
riders moving through tiny host towns.

I’ll look up more info tonight after I get my chores done! But it really is
so exciting to imagine riding my bike across a whole state… Also, it’s Real
Winter here in Michigan, so maybe that’s why this hits different.

Leah