I haven't ridden it enough to decide if it was the perfect +1 yet, but it
was a fun project. I will report back after some miles.

It was great way to spend my time during 2 weeks of Portland snow+ice+wind.
Did lots of research, and learned a ton more about components I was only
mildly interested in before. Shopping for NOS+used parts on eBay was
surprisingly fun, especially if you're after components that most folks
ignore. I watched all the "built by blue lug" videos, highly recommend
watching for both zen, appreciation of expertise, and educational
instruction (though they are not intentionally instructional).