I think Eben Weiss is mainstream. He's owned and ridden carbon bikes. And
he rides a lot. I think "mainstream" in the context of cylcing encompasses
a broad spectrum from racer wanna-be's to parents with kids in trailers or
child seats to people carrying heavy loads on all kinds of bikes.

I don't think of myself as mainstream because I have never and will never
consider riding carbon. Not that I'm a snob - just that I prefer my steel
bikes.

Regards,

Corwin