I believe that the Roaduno is going to be 120mm spaced, just like the
Quickbeam/Simple One and Frank Jones Sr.  (I'm going from memory from
following the updates too, though).  The idea behind the hanger is more
that it could accommodate a chain tensioner than a derailleur.  For
whatever reason, Rivendell is currently enamored with a
multiple-chainring/single-cog approach to achieving multi-speed
drivetrains.

Nonetheless, there are still some 120mm cassette hubs out there, that take
truncated gear clusters.  I seem to recall Grand Bois and the new Suntour
group.  There are also several internal geared hubs that are 120mm OLN.

Ignoring any ride quality differences, which we of course can't answer (but
Will did address in the recent email), I think the differences between the
Roaduno and other Riv single-speeds goes like this:

Size range:
Quickbeam came in the relatively small 2cm size increments that Riv used in
the earlier years.  The classic-but-surprisingly-rare-for-production-bikes
way of ensuring that there was a frame to fit everyone properly.  Simple
One was a geometic clone of the Quickbeam, but wasn't offered in the really
huge or really small sizes.  Frank was ONLY produced in small to medium
sizes, because it was intended specifically for the Japanese market, where
people tend to have a shorter stature.  Roaduno follows Rivs newer
"expanded" sizing method, which started with the Sam Hillbourne, I
believe:  sloped top tubes allow more standover AND taller stack heights,
and longer top tubes allow for reach-back bars and/or shorter stems to dial
in the fit for more riders.  Fewer frame sizes (and fewer fork steerer
lengths) is cheaper and avoids having to buy mimimum quantities of niche
sizes that take forever to sell.

Lugs:
All three are fully-lugged.  Frank had the extra-fancy ones, which were
previously only used on customs.

Fork Crown / Tire Clearance:
First QBs had the (narrowest)  RC02 crown, but that wasn't really the tight
spot anyway.  The chainstays were.  With wheels toward the back of the
dropout, you could fit maybe 44mm with fenders. (Officially less)  Later
QBs and SOs had a wider crown.  I don't know about Frank, but suspect it
had slightly more tire clearance simply because available tire technology
and sizes had progressed so much further by then.  Roaduno is getting the
unique Appaloosa crown which COULD take a 55mm or so but, because it's
being used with caliper brakes, is limited to 50mm or so.

Brakes:
QB and SO had cantis.  Frank and Roaduno use caliper (or center-pull).
Roaduno (maybe Frank too?) need long-reach.

Chainstays;
Roaduno has longer stays, though that appears to have been significantly
tempered over the evolution of the prototypes.

Dropouts:
QB and SO had water-jet cut plate steel dropouts with the slot cut at a
slope, so that the brake pads would hit the rim no matter where in the slot
the wheel was clamped.  It was intended to see frequent manual gear changes
by moving the chain to adjacent cog and/or chainring, either of which would
change the effecive chainstay length.  It could accommodate an 8 tooth
total range.  Frank had similar sloped slots, but used a fancy investment
cast dropout.  Roaduno has an investment-cast dropout too, but the slot is
horizontal and, of course, has the hanger.

Braze-ons:
Haven't studied this closely, but it should be easy enough to figure out.
The first QBs were pretty spare.  Later ones at least got mounts for a
campee rack on the fork.  I >think< Roaduno will have a full range for more
utility with racks.  But they talk about it being lightweight and NOT
intended for touring loads, too.

Kick Sta
The only difference between the QB and SO (other than country of origin for
tubing and manufacture) was that SO had a kickstand mounting plate.
Roaduno will likely have one too.