I would try the shorter stem. I have a Sam that I initially thought was too
long for me, even though I'm smack dab in the middle of the charts for PBH
sizing. (My legs are long, my torso not so much.) I installed a 7 cm stem
(from a  10 cm ) and it made enough of a difference for me to get
comfortable. I could probably go to an even shorter stem (I'm using Nitto
tecnomic) but the 7cm stem seems short enough. If you are using a
Technomic, I believe you can get as short as a 5 cm (could be wrong, but
I'm pretty sure you can get a 6, anyway). In my case, as I have become more
flexible, with better bike posture, I have noticed a long top tube does not
cause me undue problems. Just something to consider - or not.

John
Portland OR