I like my Acorn Boxy Bag.  The map case on top is wonderful, and the
turnbuckle closures on the rider-facing little pockets are so easy to
open and close with gloved fingers. Easier than elastic, for sure.
Mine currently sits on a VO Rando front rack (soon to be sitting on a
teeny custom front rack on a custom bicycle, counting, counting,
counting...), with the loop of the rack going through the leather on
the rider-facing side.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynnefitz/sets/72157614173370630/

Holds lots of stuff.